Friday, October 9, 2009

Lighten up Francis

All my students speak really softly.  I tried to explain to them that they have to learn to talk like Americans, boisterous and with complete confidence in the validity and importance of all their words.  To get them to this point I borrowed an exercise from a fellow teacher and brought all my students outside so as they could yell at each other.  Just for shits and giggles I decided to make the one group of students sing "Do wa diddy."  I got the idea from watching Stripes, it has been on every other day or so.  I only know the first few sets of lines, which is about all my students were able to do.  Don't get me wrong the Vietnamese like all Asian people love singing.  Every other place around here has karaoke, whenever they have assemblies they ask for impromptu exhibitions of song, and when we have "Teacher Day" I will be asked to sing something to the entire school.  For now, my students are pretty serious about me going out for a night of karaoke with them.  I said I would bring the teachers I live with, the other teachers seem hesitant, but willing, so expect another post after karaoke night.

No comments:

Post a Comment