Friday, April 30, 2010

Building a Building

They have been working on this night and day outside of where I live.  They are, I believe, building a new dormitory for students.  I'm not sure when it will be done, but it seems to be going rather fast.  We have an empty building next to me that no one has ever used.  The way construction projects work here is that some of the workers first construct a shanty like building and live on site while the work is underway.  Then they begin digging and pouring concrete.  Most days I just walk by and like to watch them work.  Occasionally the construction reminds of the scenes in Raiders of the Lost Ark where they are digging for the ark of the covenant in Egypt, especially when they are digging at night.  I'm not sure why.  Mostly the construction amounts to a lot of unusual noises during day that I can faintly hear from my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment