Monday, May 3, 2010

Golden Valley Revisited

I decided to return to the Golden Valley.  It takes awhile for me to get out there and back, but the ride is just about perfect.  The trick to finding these great back country roads is to go north.  If you go north out of Dalat, you then drive away from traffic and the majority of the population.  Some friends of mine were having a picnic along the reservoir we found a week earlier.  I wanted to join them.  After finishing some errands, I enjoyed what I think is the best part of Dalat, the mountain air.  I also wanted to see if I could find the same herd of water buffalo I saw there last week.  We found about twenty of them along the road wading in the mud and huddling together in the shade trying to be beat the midday heat.  It's hard to beat wading along the banks of mountain lake miles from nowhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment